Hey y’all, just popping in to share my Main Audition Project for Designs By Shellie DT.
As a semi-finalist, I received the Designs by Shellie, Classic Christmas Traditions paper pad, and other items to use for designing my project.
I used an MDF wood Advent Calendar House with chipboard drawers that I had in my stash.
I hope you like what I have created. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Have a greeeeat day. Take Care, Teresa
Instructions for Advent Calendar
- Construct base and drawers.
- Paint edges of base and drawers in a complimentary color to the papers selected, also base coat your wood embellishments at this time, and during drying times you can add the detail painting as needed.
- While paint is drying you can select, cut and ink all the papers needed.
- Once dry, using a decoupage medium adhere papers to the base, and add a protective coat over entire base once all papers are adhered. Allow to dry and cure thoroughly (Will be cured when it no longer feels tacky)
- Using a double sided tape product I adhered the papers to the chipboard drawers.
- Using Gold, Silver and White embossing powders, I embossed the numbers for the calendar. I fussy cut words and images from the paper line to decorate the fronts of the drawers.
- Adhered the images and words to the front of the drawers using Art Glitter Glue, once that was dry, I adhered the numbers to the drawers.
- I used the lady and child from the Classic Christmas Traditions line as a place to start my scene in the top of the house; I first put the fireplace against the wall, and then used scrap wood bits to build up the rocking chair to keep it away from the wall. Then I just added wood embellishments from my stash to make it appear as Christmas has already come to this home.
- For the Sled and reindeer on the roof, I used 3D Matte Medium to hold them to the roof (the trick is to put a generous amount up the roof and let it start to set up, then put the sled and reindeer on. Once that was dry I put more of the medium around the base of the sled and reindeer, I wasn’t worried about it looking messy or showing since I used the shaved ice as snow to hide the globs on medium. Hot glue will NOT hold these pieces in place.
- Finally, I added a snowman on one side of the house and a Sugar Plum Fairy on the other.
- Don’t forget, it is the details that make a project. For instance, the guitar at the base of rocking chair, was just a plain wood embellishment, I used paint color it a guitar color, then white gel pen to note the chords, black pen to mark the fret marks, and added 3 pieces of sewing thread for guitar strings, the puzzle piece on the floor beside it was glued to a piece of the paper line and cut off, used glossy accents on top to make it shiny.